Sunday, May 9, 2010

From a pile of dog crap, something beautiful will grow. This is not a euphamism.

So we have these two dogs.


They shit a lot. Really, more then is necessary. In this picture, Owen looks like he's going to take a dump right then and there, for godssake. It's just completely unnecessary to crap that much. It's not healthy. So in an attempt to find the pot of dogshit at the end of the rainbow, I have been putting it in my garden, with spectacular results:

Okay, notsomuch spectacular. But I have high hopes. (Not that kind of high. I'm not high. IT'S MOTHER'S DAY STOP JUDGING.)

So today, I am grinding all of the dogshit into MULCH ! Aren't I clever? It's like taking lemons and making lemonade. But with dogshit. And I'm not going to drink it afterwards. So I guess it's not really like that at all.

All of this is just to say that this Mother's Day I am going to be doing the one thing that I seriously hate more then anything else. Yardwork. (I bet you thought I was going to say cleaning up dogshit. But I already did that part. HAH !)

Happy Mother's Day. Would you like some fresh organic mulch?

1 comment:

kernzi said...

Obviously around 3 years late to this.. but as dogs eat meat, their poo is full of bacteria and is actually quite dangerous. This is opposed to horse and cow poo which, as they are herbivores, is not overly dangerous and can be used for fertiliser. Do not use dog poo!