Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Big Reveal

I know you have been waiting Oh So Patiently for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT wherein I finally let the cat out of the bag and give you my chosen roller derby name.

There is a bout today on another island so lets all take a moment to think good thoughts for the girls who are going against my beloved Maui Roller Girls. They are going to need all of our prayers and good wishes because chances are very VERY good that the other team, poor souls, are going to get their asses beat. I mean, I'm scared to PRACTICE with my team. And I'm ON THEIR TEAM. And it's PRACTICE. But practice or no, no matter who's team you are on, chances are good that at some point, I am going to find myself spread eagled (and not in a good way) on the concrete.

My girls roll some motherfucking derby, is all I am saying. I have never seen anything like the kind of complete domination that they have thrown down, beating their opponents by 100, 200 points at a time. It's just SILLY. And I have no doubt in my mind that they will just be taking names and throwing people clear off the track business AS USUAL and coming home with fresh, bleeding fishnet burn, triumphant and incredibly drunk.

(I hope there are enough airsick bags to handle the in-flight consequences of a bout.)

It's still not official. I am not listed on the BIG ROSTER OF RECORD but you know what? God knows when that is going to actually happen, and in the meantime I have nothing else to talk about today and I just finished putting my name on my helmet and gosh, it's just so damn pretty and pink and sparkly and....here ya go:


Yeah. That's me. Number 420. (ahem).
Daff O'Drill. Drill for short.
You should see my tartan hotpants. They are divine.

No comments: