Friday, September 11, 2009

I was doing the same damn thing

8 years ago today, at about this time, I was sitting at my laptop making travel reservations for New York City on Hotwire.

And then, after reviewing my confirmation email I clicked over to cnn.com and sat, frozen, at the photo that was on the home page.

I didn't understand exactly what I was looking at.

I looked over at the TV, tuned to the Today show, but muted because Max was napping....and saw a similar image.

Matt Lauer looked pretty tense.

I turned on the volume and sat and listened, and as I listened my tension increased ten-fold. And right now, even as I write this my stomach is in a knot and really I don't want to think about that day AT ALL.

So rather then spending this morning reading everyone's therapeutic posts about where they were, and what they were doing on 9/11, I am closing this computer and I am not going to re-live the day.

I wasn't there.
I didn't lose a family member.
I didn't lose a friend.
But I will always remember and never forget.

No comments: