Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What to do when you can't pick up your kid on their first day at Catholic School

This morning Sami took a few hours off of work, we dropped both kids off at school and went straight home to celebrate our newly empty nest with some "grown up time".

I know what you are thinking. It so wasn't like that.

First I made panicked phone calls trying to track down Lucy's TB test results because otherwise she wouldn't be allowed to go to school and my newly empty nest wouldn't be as empty as I had hoped.

Sami went and bought lumber.

After 30 minutes of working the phone, I was sick and tired of grownup time, so we decided to go back to our roots. We drove to the cafe where I got completely wasted on a bloody mary, then Sami drove me home and I went to bed.

I had a whole plan. I really, really did. But honestly, 3 hours without someone asking me questions non-stop and begging for food left me disoriented. Or maybe that was the vodka.

Whatever.

No comments: