Monday, July 19, 2010

Well, he finally did it

Yes, that's right........ he emptied the bucket and put it away. I just thought you should know.

HUZZAH ! All is right with the world.

In other news, all is decidedly not all right. Work drama continues unabated - this particular spectacle has apparently been brewing for a while now, but this time I am not directly involved - and what a fucking relief THAT is, let me tell ya. Even though it's not about me - and let it be noted, This Is Not About Me (you won't hear that too often around these parts) - I'm not pleased with these latest developments, and I am not sure what to do about that. I have absolutely no say in the outcome. So I will say nothing more about it here, and continue to ponder the situation, the players, and what the fuck just happened. It's going to take a while. Don't wait up.

With that whole thing (gesturing wildly around my head) going on, what's a girl to do but take to her bed - and that is exactly what I did. Who am I to fight nature? This morning, I fixed myself a big bowl of LIFE* cereal - which is not technically the breakfast of champions but it totally could be because IT'S DELICIOUS - and went right back to bed.
I tossed.
I turned.
I listened to NPR.
I slept fitfully.
I got up to pee.

And then I gave up entirely, took 3 Advil* because my nose? IT STILL HURTS, and then sat in my underwear reading old issues of Rolling Stone until the mail came. Not the MALE - the mail. The U.S. Postal Service. And then we went to the mall and I bought myself an espresso, and the kids got a smoothy, and we walked around feeling gloomy, and then we went home.

In short - I WASTED AN ENTIRE DAY DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

It was fucking fabulous. But it didn't help solve the workplace drama. That is going to take more then a car ride and some Advil, I'm afraid. The LIFE cereal did help, some. So there's that.

* LIFE cereal and Advil didn't pay me or provide me with any free cereal or free anti-inflammatories. It's a damn shame.

Now I have to go mop the bathroom floor, because my children's friends are FILTHY and there are little dirty (as in muddy) finger and foot prints all over my bathroom. I wonder what my husband will say when he walks outside tomorrow morning and trips over the bucket and mop........

No comments: