Monday, September 14, 2009

In which I forget all the disparaging thoughts I have about organized religion, and pray like crazy and hope you'll join me

Max had his annual checkup on Friday and YES it's about 10 months late but don't judge me, Judgy Mc Judger. (Ooooh, that looks weird and now the word judge doesn't make any sense - I hate it when that happens.)

ANYHOW, what I was about to say is that when Max had his belated annual checkup, our doctor reminded us that he was supposed to have an annual ultrasound of his kidney. He only has one, you see, which is a long tale in and of itself and I will certainly bring you up to speed on that later but for now let's just hit the high points.

Max. Has one kidney. There are usually two. He only has one. He had kidney surgery when he was four months old. Because that one kidney didn't work very well.

OK, are you with me ? Good.

So today - right now, actually - we are going to have an ultrasound to make sure that his one kidney is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

More later.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Thinking lots of good, healthy, superstrong kidney thoughts for you and Max.

Jennifer said...

Praying is something I can do. I hope that everything looks terrific.