Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It could stop raining any day now......

Yeah, it's nice to have a green yard.
My basil is very happy.

My kids are going nuts. I need to get them out of the house, and the dog off the run....but what to do ?

I mean, it is REALLY RAINING. Like, flash flood, land and rock slide kind of raining. I would take them hiking in the pine forest, which is fairly protected from the elements by the trees' canopy, but in reality, it might not be such a hot idea today - slippery and muddy, and unsafe. I would take them to the beach, but the surf is pounding away at the shore, beach erosion personified.

I am new to this - when it was just me and the kids, I would find plenty of things for us to do indoors. BUT there is another someone to consider, who is sitting in his mansion of a doghouse whimpering and lonely. Oh, the guilt. I can't go out without bringing him along ! That would be SO MEAN. So, I need to find a place we can all play. Hm.

Thinking cap is on......

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have the same problem...oh wait, not rain, SNOW! My kids have cabin fever, and my dog refuses to go outside...he just slips around. It's actually quite hilarious.