Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lemme show you a trick

Today, my son learned a new trick at school.

Hold up your hand, all 5 fingers extended.

Fold in your thumb and fore finger.

Fold in your pinky and ring finger.

Giggle maniacally and wave your one remaining finger around in the air until you are sent to the Vice Principal.

I am so proud, my heart is bursting.

What a Kodak moment that must have been.

While my son was giving his teacher the finger, I was taking a test myself. The Liquor Control exam. I passed, and I am now officially authorized by the County of Maui to serve liquor. And control it. Or something. Anyhoo, I have a bright shiny new photo ID, and the picture isn't too bad, and I don't have to go through this again for 4 years. And while the urge to wave my middle finger in the air was very hard to suppress, I managed just fine.

No comments: