Friday, March 26, 2010

You, know I feel the same way

Last night I had to resort to the working mom's cafeteria: McDonalds.

We don't go that often, really. It's still considered a *very* special treat around here. So last night, when I got Lucy buckled up and headed down the hill to drop her off at gymnastics before I started my shift, I didn't tell her right away what I had in mind for dinner.

"Hey Luce, you want a burger?"

"IWANTABURGERIWANTABURGERILOVEBURGERSIWANTABURGER"

and a few minutes later it dawns on her......

"Mama, WHERE are we going to get a burger?" Oh, the twinkle in her eye. She sees where we are headed, and she knows, and yet doesn't dare to dream.....

"Hm, where should we go?"

"MCDONALDSMCDONALDSMCDONALDS"

"Are you *sure* you want McDonalds?"

"YESSSSSSSSSSS'

So we go to McDonalds, and I get her a burger and oh my god you would think I just gave her the world. She's hlding it oh so tenderly, taking big bites and "mmm mmm mmm"-ing. I am rolling my eyes.

"Lucy, can you take it down a  few notches, there?"

"Sorry mom, but you know McDonalds. It's DAMN GOOD."

"LUCY!"

"Sorry mom, don't worry, it's not as good as your burgers."

Well, at least she's got that straight.............

No comments: