Saturday, February 13, 2010

In which I take a day off with the family

Today I am spending the entire day with the family. I am not doing anything. Nothing but sleeping and eating and lying around on the beach. You have my word. It's going to happen. It has to. I sat down to try to remember the last time we went to the beach as a family, and I can't - it's been a very long time. 6 months? Maybe longer. A long-ass time since we just went and had a normal, relaxing Sunday.

That is just not right.

Why the hell did I move all the way to Maui if I am never going to go to the beach? (That's a rhetorical question, by the way.) I know I need to make the time to spend all together, doing not much of anything. So tomorrow it is. Love is in the air, and I'm going to spend the day with the people I love more then anything.

With that said, someone had better buy me some fucking chocolates and take me out to breakfast before we hit the beach. No errands. No chores. Just food and sun and fun. Otherwise, this may be the Valentine's Day everyone remembers because mommy sat down in the middle of Costco and burst into tears.

Cross my heart.

No comments: