Monday, September 29, 2008

The Spins

This morning, I woke up after a particularly raucous Sunday, that began with a Bloody Mary and ended...well, I am not even going to go there. Let's just say it was a *very* long day, and momma is tired.

I am running in several directions at once these days, trying to keep everything straight and organized. I have work, and of course that UNSPEAKABLE Liquor Control Board exam, and I have 3 travel inquiries I am working on, only one of which is even vaguely straightforward. So I am in the middle of this tremendous learning curve and it is making me QUITE CRANKY.

I know I am feeling cranky because I went to Mana, and bought 3 different kinds of bread. Bagels, a baguette and a loaf of sliced wheat bread. I don't know why, I couldn't stop myself so there you have it - bread. A lot of bread. I should really go eat some bread RIGHT NOW. I am trying to think of things to put on the bread.....maybe cheese ? Tomatos ? Ham ? All of those options sound pretty good to me, so I am going forth, to the other side of the kitchen counter, to rustle up some, uh, bread.

I am also feeling cranky because our neighborhood has gotten really obnoxiously loud lately. Harleys, sports cars, obnoxious stereo systems, all tooling down our little street at all hours. Like this hour right now, which is NAP TIME.

See ? Cranky. I told you. If I had a uterus, I would say I had PMS. If I hadn't already gone through menopause, I would blame that. But no, I am just a bitchy girl today.

Where was I ? Oh, right. Bread.
xo
DC

No comments: