Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting out the shredder and the hardhat: Domestic Goddess at work

My parents will be here in 2 days. I am leaving in 4 hours to fly to another island to meet them and spend a few days in Target. They have a Target there. I'll be in the housewares.

My bedroom - where they shall stay - is still completely unlivable and someone is coming to look at the sofa in 30 minutes and I am still in bed in my lobster print flannel bathrobe. And I'm hungry.

All of this means that I have to kick into high gear and power throught the morning. And the first thing I have to tackle is the pile of crap in the corner over there. I am dreading it. Bills and recepts and stuff I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away.  Like 15 lipbalms, old sunglasses that got scratched, mini bottles of hand lotion, and pennies that are stuck together with some combination of melted coughdrops and dirt.

There is a lot of that stuff.

I think part of my issue is that I am a world-class procrastinator and maker of piles and stasher of stuff.

I am also lazy.

But not yesterday! Yesterday I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher! And we were busy making Irish Soda Bread and I put away ALL of my clean clothes and then we even made it to a protest where we stood on the side of the road waving signs about the proposed budget and listening to classic rock and the kids got their photos taken. Which reminds me, I gotta get the paper - they might be in it.

Shit. Another thing on my to-do list.

ANYWAY I am breaking out the shredder and tackling this big pile and then I am dragging the box spring into Max's room (don't ask) and then oh, I don't know, maybe I'll PACK or something and then, as a last resort, I will attempt to make my room presentable for house guests. Luckily, I have to leave to catch a flight so you know, if I don't have time to get it done, well.........I guess that's not an option.

Shit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun at Target. They have this killer blue lamp. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your family!