Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunny Sunday - things I love

Last week I missed an installment of Sunny Sunday because I - I'm gonna be honest here - I just didn't give a shit. BUT this Sunday, I am all over it. Because there are these things that I love, see. And I can't wait to tell you about them.

I have to give credit to my friend Leigh, of the bathroom espresso station. Because while I was aware that these things existed, she actually owned them, and used them. It all started when i tried to find some sandwich bags in her kitchen. I looked through the drawers, and found the one that *should* have had baggies - it had plastic wrap, and wax paper, and tin foil, and some freezer bags....but no sandwich bags. Hm, I thought. So I put my kids PBJs in a freezer bag, and didn't think about it again. Until I realized that she didn't use baggies. She used Mama luvs.

I bought a full set of them at the farmers market that very weekend. The fabrics were super cute, and I toss them right in the washing machine each afternoon - they must be pre-shrunk, because I washed and dried them in the machines and they didn't shrink one bit. The velcro is really sturdy, and they also have a drawstring option. The bottoms are flat, so when they are filled with snacks, they stand up, which is nice too. Plus, they are made by moms - so I feel really good about buying them and using them and telling you about them. Mamaluvs is also on facebook, and they update pretty regularly.

Another lunchtime discovery I made in Seattle were these kick ass lunchbags - The frog one was perfect for my little princess/kindergartener. It is shaped like a purse with a shoulder strap instead of a handle. It's different, and fun, and I got it at Target and DAMNED if I can find it for sale anywhere online. I am so glad I bought it when I saw it instead of saying "Oh, I'll order it online when I get home." I'm sure someone will list it on eBay, it's made by California Innovations for Arctic Zone and came in a frog, ladybug, and I think a dog and maybe an elephant? I can't remember. It cost about $12 and came with a frog-shaped freezer pack too. It's awesome.

So that's it. Go forth and get yourself ready for school with some cool new lunch stuff ! Almost as important as a really kick-ass Trapper Keeper (do they even MAKE THOSE anymore? God I am so fucking old.)with a holograph unicorn illustration or something. I kind of wish I had saved one o those - it just doesn't feel like fall without a new Trapper Keeper....................

No comments: