Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Letting go, just a little bit. Just to see how it feels.

2010 has been a year full of adventure. I have traveled half way around the world, and reconnected with old friends and said goodbye to good friends who moved away. I have quit a job, started a new job, quit that job, been fired from writing for a website for free, then been rehired by the website AND returned to my original job. I have had my children in public school, Catholic school, homeschool, and then finally found a private school that would agree to be associated with us. (Which was hard, actually. Shocking, I know, that an upstanding private school wouldn't want to deal with a mother who tends bar until three am and then writes obscenities on facebook and a blog for hours on end. They just couldn't handle that much awesome.) I had two dogs and then just one dog. I found my skates and a bunch of women who kick ass and give hickies. I lived in the same house with my mother for a month and we are still speaking to each other. Sami ripped the ceiling out of our living room, and painted the fun room, and finished the patio, and we're still talking to each other. I got a hole in my nose and quit smoking and a Whole Foods opened up 20 minutes away.

Life changing, all of it.

Yes, it's been exciting. I'm fucking exhausted.

SO. Something has to give.

First, I stopped going to Whole Foods every day. That shit is expensive.

And now I am going to spend a little time figuring out how to be me. But, you know, better. I might even shower every day. No promises, but it's a start. And I'm fully open to suggestions for things I can do to dial up the awesome to, like, an 11. Maybe a 12.

No comments: