14 hours ago
Saturday, June 5, 2010
I got an award today, from one of my favorite Canadians. I don't know how you sleep at night with Sarah Palin living so close by, but now that she has built a fence I hope things have gotten better. I sure do appreciate your continued willingness to speak to the Americans. I don't know why, or how you remain so friendly and open-minded. I would have closed my borders years ago.
So here's to you, Ro ! Thanks for the award, and the comments. I am not what you would consider an award-winning blogger, but then.....I don't think I've ever given an award either. You gotta make some love to get some love. So thank you not only FOR the award, but for giving me an opportunity to pass it along to others :)
This award comes with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share ten things about yourself
3. Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know you've picked them for the award.
OK, I am good at following step-by-step instructions. I should totally work at IKEA.
1. Thank you RO MAGNOLIA who's got the purtiest flowers and lives on a farm and has national health insurance. Bravo, you !
2. Share 10 things about yourself.
1. I write all the time, but never get paid. It's depressing, but true. I plan to turn that all around. At some point. I hope.
2. I really miss my father-in-law, who passed away right after I married my husband.
3. I am afraid to write about positive things that happen, in case I jinx myself. I'm sure you are laughing right now, because it certainly seems like I share EVERYTHING but I don't share much good stuff. And when I do, I knock wood. For days.
4. In the week or so leading up to a trip, I get really nervous and edgy. I woryy about traveling, about crashing, about how I'm going to pay for the trip....But once I am actually at the gate ready to leave, I relax immediately.
5. I have never, in my entire relationship with my husband, ever been attracted to another man. Or woman. I mean, I notice when they are attractive, but it's very un-emotional. It's just "Hm. Cute." and then I move on.
6. In my adult life I have gotten a new-to-me (and sometimes an honest to goodness new) car every year or two - sometimes several in one year. The reasons vary, sometimes it is because I drove my car into something, sometimes my car starts having issues and I don't want to deal with them so I trade it in, sometimes I just want something different. Convertibles, minivans, trucks, sub-compacts, SUVs, luxury cars....I've had 'em all ! The one I think I owned the longest was the BMW wagon. I loved that car.
7. Although I love living on Maui, I am really a city girl.
8. My ideal living situation would be spending January to August here on Maui, and living in NY or another big city for September to December.
9. I still have a lot of emotional baggage about my hysterectomy and infertility and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get over it so I can whine about something else. It's getting kind of boring.
10. I can hold a grudge. Don't fucking fuck with me.
OK so now, 10 blogs.
Here's the thing.
I don't read a lot of blogs.
All the blogs I read are in my reader except for when someone comments. And like I said, that almost never happens. So this is going to be a shout out to those 10 most recent bloggers who take the time to give a shit and drop me a line. I thank you for keeping the dialogue alive, and letting me know that people actually read what I write.
First, of course Ro Magnolia
OK, now I shall go and contact bloggers/award recipients (I am such a GIVER) and then I am going to go get this award tattoed on my ass.
Pass this one on, people.
Posted by Daffodil Campbell at 8:30 AM