Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Best thing about St Patrick's Day

The very best thing about tomorrow being St Patricks Day? It falls during spring break, which means I do not have to get up at 6am the day after. I might not get up until 6PM, given the opportunity.

I do enjoy St. Patricks Day, a holiday that involves nostalgia, drinking, and hot accents. (Have you ever seen this movie? Oh my god, that Irish Brogue. Yummy. ANYWAY My aunt sent me a card today in honor of the holiday. It said:

"May your day be touched by a bit of Irish luck, brightened by a song in your heart, and warmed by the smiles of the people you love." Or Jameson. Jameson warms the heart nicely. That's not part of the poem, just my personal advice.

Another tip - have everyone at your St Patricks Day gathering of choice leave their keys and their phones in a secured area. No drunk driving, no photography allowed. I learned that lesson last year, when some very unacceptable pictures were posted on Facebook and I tried to get in my car (to retrieve a sweater - NOT to drive - DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE) using my house key.

Seriously. Don't Drink and Drive. Please. (But do drink. Definitely, have a drink.)

No comments: