Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The "Since I don't understand the directions fully, I am just going to copy Antonia" meme

Antonia posted this meme she was tagged for, and invited her readers to do the same. I liked the questions - or maybe I more liked her answers, so please be sure to check them out. Because I am sitting here nursing (not literally, thanks, she's been weaned for years now) a sick 4 year old today, following on the heels of the sick 8 year old of the previous week, my creative juices were pretty much tapped by making chicken and rice soup this morning - which was deemed "not as good as the usual kind". She is referring to the condensed, salty canned version, and trust me, that is what I will be serving from now on, I can assure you.

I tried to comprehend how the original meme was supposed to work, something about bands, and names of albums or songs or something, and using those to answer the questions, and it all sounded very cool and clever, but what the fuck, it's been a long week. So, while they may not be as good as the others, here are my answers for better or worse. And yes, Trippy it's another meme. You can bite me AGAIN.

1. Are you a male or female: I'm a mother. Ergo, sexless to almost everyone except my darling husband, and guys who are into breeders.

2. Describe yourself: Loud, obnoxious, drunk, rude, sensitive, and loving. I adore babies, hate most animals and insects, and enjoy my food, allthemoreso because of my excellent matabolism.

3. How do you feel about yourself: Honestly, I'm a bit dissappointed. Not really measuring up. Certainly not embracing my full potential. But I nap regularly and pay the bills, so life is good.

4. Describe your parents: Divorced. Remarried. To others. Recently.
Mom is funny, shy, conservative.
My father is, well, if I am going to be honest, we have a lot in common. Our personalities are similar. We both read and write and edit because it is simply what we do. It's genetic. Ink flowing in our veins and all that. We yell, and argue, and have at various times drank ourselves silly and smoked like chimneys. Also genetic, I would imagine.

5. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriends: Assorted. Male. Single. History.

6. Describe your current boy/girl situation: I have a lovely husband, and we are very much in love AND in like.

7. Describe your current location: Sitting on a kitchen stool trying desperately to see/reach the keyboard whilst Lucy climbs around in my lap breathing on me and asking questions.

8. Describe where you want to be: Asleep in bed, or wandering the streets of some ancient European town sipping espresso and taking photographs. Or whooping it up in Thailand.

9. Your best friend(s) is/are: This chick who found me on mySpace turned out to be my partner in crime forevermore. My friends, in general, have tolerance for my drunken debauchery, find me amusing, and enjoy a good meal.

10. Your favourite colour is: dark cherry red. And I like those "u"s in the spellings. Much nicer then the ugly American spellings

11. You know that: Every little thing's gonna be alright.

12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: The Hard Way.
Take that as you will.

13. What is life to you: A gift.

14. What is the best advice you have to give: Don't run up a bunch of debt, you idiot.

No comments: