Monday, April 13, 2009

200 posts, and not a damn thing to say

Congratulations, you are reading my 200th post here at Adventures in Paradise.

It's not really my 200th post, because I have a whole separate blog, hidden away under lock and key with a different url and everything set to private private private. It's where I write things that I don't feel like sharing with other people. I name names, I use even fouler language, I whine and piss and moan, and make a scene.

Yeah, even more then I do here. Hard to imagine, isn't it.

I am sort of glad that I don't have anything really earth-shattering to write about. We had a nice weekend. We went to Hana, we camped, we ate insane amounts of food and discussed what to eat next. We drank liquor that was expressly forbidden at the campground. We tossed around the idea of re-enacting the crucifixion, starring my husband and Fagan's Cross. I cannot for the life of me remember the details of the conversation, but much hilarity about crucifixion and my husband's resemblance to Jesus ensued.

I ate about 1/2 dozen cupcakes, smeared with butter cream frosting, in honor of Lucy's birthday.

I restrained myself from eating Easter Candy until we got home - save the s'mores made with Easter-themed marshmallows (We were going to use Peeps again, but decided that the sugar on the Peeps was much too flammable and those damn things couldn't hold up in the fire. Pussies.)

And we ate soupy. Lots of soupy. Really. A lot. If you are reading this and scratching your head and saying to yourself "What is soupy ?" then SHAME ON YOU. You clearly have no idea how to celebrate Easter, and you should educate yourself immediately. Then, you too can spend a January weekend in your freezing cold basement grinding meat and shoving it into intestines and then waiting until the frost breaks and the temperature has risen and then on Easter morn, you can enjoy your soupy. And any intestinal discomfort is your own damn fault and don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: