Sunday, March 29, 2009

Post-Bloody Mary meme - this should be interesting

I am hot on the heels of one of Willow's killer bloody marys. While I am still awake enough to type, I am going to answer this meme, shamelessly stolen from Sunday Stealing I am going to guess that I am the only respondent so far that is 3/4 in the bag on a Sunday morning, but hey, that's how I roll, peeps.

Sunday Stealing: The Ginormous Meme

1. Are you single?
No. Completely, totally, blissfully, relievedly NOT SINGLE.

2. Are your parents still married?
They are married, yes - but not to each other.

3. Are you in love?
Yes Yes Yes. Shall I climb on the rooftop to shout it to the heavens ? Because I totally would. But then the neighbors would all sigh and roll their eyes and say "There she goes, drunk AGAIN on our Lord's day." and then they would shake their heads sadly at my fate. And wait to see if I jumped.

4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in lust at first sight - in a completely instinctual chemical reaction to someone. And it is scary powerful stuff. But love involves time, and deep feelings, and a mutual understanding and respect. Cause ladies, if it ain't mutual, it ain't worth a damn.

5. Who ended your last relationship?
Oh, it was a very gradual decay, and a mutual sense of relief, I think.

6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up?
Yes. Oh my yes. You know how Jennifer Aniston won't stop talking about Brad Pitt? I totally get it.

7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I'm not sure - probably. I have a sharp tongue and little patience.

8. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
No one ever bothered to keep it a secret. Or, they did a very good job at keeping it a secret, because I never found out.

9. Prefer love or lust?
Lust is fun, but love sustains you.

10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends?
A few best friends, otherwise I fall behind on returning calls and emails, and end up offending someone inadvertently.

11. Wild night out or romantic night in?
Romantic night in, these days. I'm old and tired, and babysitters are expensive.

12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out?
I believe I have only been caught sneaking back in......

13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt?
No, I don't think so. I have to be honest, I want for very little - I have never needed or wanted something so badly and not gone and worked and saved and gotten it.

14. Who are/is your best friend(s)?
My husband, of course.
Trouble. Maile. Willow. Sarala. Those are my almost daily phone calls.
And then I have friends that I speak to regularly: Marn, Trippy, Amy, Lori.....

15. Ever wanted to disappear?
Yes. Absolutely.

16. First attraction: Smile or eyes?
Smile, I guess. But here's something interesting......I am not the sort of person that finds herself attracted to people very often. I am very fulfilled and content in my relationship, so I am just not paying attention a lot of the time.

17. Prefer intelligence or attraction?
I got both. Whew.

18. Last phone call you received?
Received....Maile.

19. Last thing you drank?
Well, I am currently working on a post-bloody mary cup of coffee that Willow wisely provided.

20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship?
Immediately prior. I was rescued.

21. Do you and your family get along?
For the most part. I am very different from my brothers, and a clear product of my parents. We all get along just fine, as long as I keep my mouth shut.

22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"?
No. Would you ?

23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell.
I don't think so....maybe ? But I really don't think so.....I mean, I was hanging at CBGB's in the 4th grade. As I child, I looked like an adult. To the point where, in some class pictures, I looked like the teacher. Creepy.

24. Do you trust all your friends?
Yes. Without question.

25. Who knows the most about you?
My husband will always know everything. Though I do like to surprise him from time to time :)

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Your answers were a delight to read. Really. I rarely use the word delight. :) I can't even pick just one. And, of course, anyone who enjoys a bloody mary is okay in my book. :)

Kelly

Mimi Lenox said...

Surprises are nice too...