Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunny Sundays - things I love

I have been seeing some things lately that I just love.......so I am going to try to commit to sharing one of these things each week with you. That way - even though you and I both know that my house is a pigsty and I am probably asleep on the couch with a half-eaten ice cream bar in my hand and a trashy magazine on the floor next to me - we can pretend that I live in one of those pretty blogs, where everything is clean and perfect. I will not be compaensated for any of the items I review here. These will all be things I discovered on my own, and love, and want to share.

It helps me feel relevant, people. Just humor me.

So to launch this weekly feature - here is the first item. Actrually, I'll give you a two-fer, you lucky bastard. A little backstory, if you will indulge me.

I love chai lattes. I buy the liquid concentrate chai, and heat it up in the microwave with milk every morning before I drive the kids to school. None of my thermal travel coffee mugs can be put in the microwave and dishwasher. Until Now.

Before I made this recent discovery, I would have to warm the chai, and the milk, in a mug, then pour it into the travel mug. All of my travel mugs were cracked from illicit trips through the dishwasher. The whole thing made using travel mugs annoying.

But this new discovery has totally rocked my world.

Behold: The Aladdin SUSTAIN series.

The travel mugs can be put in the dishwasher AND the microwave.
You heard me.
I got mine at a big box store for less then $7. I bought two. And I love love love them.

Part two: Iced Lattes. It's hot outside - have you noticed? A little too hot for chai lattes. BUT I also love iced lattes. And so, I found another travel cup situation, for COLD drinks, also at a big box store, also for less than $10. (They also sell them at certain un-named but located on almost every corner espresso bars with that company's logo on them, FYI.)

So stop throwing away cups - disposable doesn't mean it just disappears magically, you know.

No comments: