Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sometimes, you gotta know when to roll em. Oh, wait, that's not right......

My friend is opening a second location for her business. I am so excited for her - who the hell gets to expand their business in this climate of layoffs and shut-downs and going-out-of-business sales?

MY girl, that's who.

Last week, I left derby practice early and arrived at her new store all sweaty and sore and grabbed a roller and a foam brush and tried to paint - but I was completely unhelpful and fairly unproductive. Plus, my ARMS HURT. Like, a lot.

Today I think I am going to forgo practice altogether, considering the fact that I still can't sit down without wincing and when I tried to lift my arms to apply deodorant I experienced a jolt that went all the way down my arm and halfway to my ass.

I am in terrible shape, and it's gonna take a while for me to be able to really do this thing, and still lead a normal life. Hopefully not too long. But I'm not there yet, that's for sure. Two hours of solid exercise, 75 pushups and 150 crunches, plus more if you fuck up or slow down? Has left me, um, well........it's not good now. But the payoff? The payoff is going to be fucking magnificent. "I am going to have the tightest ass on the playground", I kept announcing as I skated around the track in a squatting position. "My arms are going to be amazing" I muttered as I grunted through another set of pushups. "I hate this" I moaned as I tried to get into the car after practice.

So tonight, I am going to grab a roller and get to work, because I can skate all weekend (and I will be). But my friend will only open her second location ONE TIME. And that time is now. And the paint job is going to be spectacular.

No comments: