Wednesday, March 24, 2010

this latest obsession is O.K. with me

My son is obsessed with washing dishes and loading the dishwasher. He just tried it out for the first time this morning, and the kid has been washing every dirty dish since breakfast.

I love my life today.

I say "today" because, realistically, he may get bored with it by dinner time. But for now I don't have to wash dishes and that is awesome.

He is positively giddy - he's having so much fun that - when he ran out of dirty dishes - he began taking the clean dishes out of the drying rack and re-washing them "for practice". He is waiting with breathless anticipation for the dishwasher to be full, so that he can put in the dishtab and press the start button. Every half hour, he opens the front of the dishwasher and checks to see if it has reached maximum capacity.

I think this is why people have children.

In the meantime, I am lying on the sofa enjoying being unemployed for another 3 hours. Very exciting stuff. A lady of leisure, I am.

No comments: