Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hey you over there. What is your PROBLEM ?

It's 11:22pm, and gentle reader you KNOW I like to be asleep by 10pm, so that I can be well rested when my body snaps awake at 1:53am. Because those precious 4 hours of dreamland are so blissful I don't want to miss a minute !

But tonight, like last night, there is some sort of HUBBUB outside. It's not the dogs - they are usually responsible for any sort of disturbance, but I can say with 100% certainty that this is not their fault.

There are people moving in across the street. At 11pm. A woman and three kids and a Dodge Neon with a loose muffler. And they are loud. Each and every one of them (including that fucking Neon) is making an unecessary amount of noise. They are obviously under the gun to move out of wherever they are coming from, if they need to be moving at 11pm. And I hate moving, so I have sympathy.

But they need to shut the fuck up.

There is no need - NO NEED AT ALL - to stand in the driveway at 11pm, and SHOUT.

And tonight, I had just gotten home from work, and was about to get in the shower, when they arrived with yet another load of their crap, packed into the trunk of that crapbox Neon (sorry owners of Neons, they are cute cars but this one is a Piece Of Shit) making a crapload of noise. That's a lot of crap. And as the yelling escalated - calling to people inside the house, bickering in the driveway over who was going to carry what where and when they were going to do it, the dogs woke up and started barking. And the only thing that finally got everyone to stop making all of that noise, was a voice screaming "SHUT UP !" in the darkness of our formerly peaceful sleeping neighborhood.

They continue to move in over there, but at least now they are doing it quietly. For which I am very grateful.
Because I know moving sucks.....but you don't need to shout about it.

No comments: