Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I think it's time to install the storm shutters - or just nail some plywood over the windows

We live in a house on a corner lot. I love having the breezes and the light a corner lot allows, but the lack of privacy ? It sucks.

Just last week, a friend (who used ot live down the road) informed me that she had a clear view from her house directly into my living room.

Awesome.

This point has been driven home by another (current) neighbor, who informed me that her husband had walked down the street to say hello, but we "were eating dinner" so he didn't want to interrupt.

So basically, someone walked down the street, looked in the windows to see what we were doing, and then after assessing the situation for a period of time decided not to interrupt.

These same neighbors look in our windows as they drive by. I know they are looking - because if I look up, they wave.

So today our plan is to go to Lowes and buy some new window coverings. We have curtains up, of course - the heavy velvet kind you can't see through - but we don't keep them completely closed all the time, which apparently we should. In the meantime, I am going to suggest that Sami spend all of his time standing in the living room - naked. Because if they are going to be looking, we might as well give them something to look at.

No comments: