Thursday, August 13, 2009

And right on the heels of bitching about the mortgage

I have to figure out our car problem.

We have two cars. We don't necessarily *NEED* 2 cars, but it is convenient, isn't it ?

After deciding months ago to only have 1 car, I totally wussed out, and didn't sell the second car. So as I continued on with my fancy 2-car self, I kept thinking.....we only need one car, we only need one car, we only need one car.....

It's making me nuts.

It's not about the cost. It's about trying to figure out what we NEED in this life, and then getting rid of the excess.

In other words, I feel a purge coming on.

I have a feeling that in the next few weeks, most of my possessions are going to be carefully sorted, and massive amounts of STUFF will be put out in the driveway for a fancy yard sale. A yard sale featuring most of my stuff.

I have to really buckle down, and get serious. That means going through the attic too.
And THAT is a scary, scary proposition. Not only because I use the term "attic" very loosely, and what it is, is a glorified crawl space with lots of nails sticking out of the ceiling - but because it is horrifically hot up there.

So the attic experience involves sweat, dirt, bugs, injury, and the risk of falling through the ceiling to the floor below if I slip off the carefully positioned planks of wood stretched between the beams.

Remarkably, tackling the attic is not my biggest concern. My biggest concern is - this is going to take a few days (weeks?) to get organized. What in the name of GOD am I supposed to do with all of the stuff I decide to sell, before the sale ? I don't have a garage. I don't have a real "porch". I don't have a shed.

I don't have a clue.

1 comment:

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

I am doing the same thing I and just going crazy with all this stuff! I am gathering it at the landing (sort of big) at the top of the stairs and can't wait for the yard sale. I am just waiting for next Monday when we find out if this is a girl or boy to add anotehr huge pile of ses specific baby stuff to the list. Good luck! I am proud of you - I thought about 1 car but only for a moment. Scared me too much!