Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't open the front door, the porch is gone

Today is a beautiful day here in paradise, and I am inside. For several reasons. The first being that if I were to open my front door, I would fall 4 feet to the cement block below. The second being that if I go out on the back porch, I have to very careful where I walk because again, I could fall 4 feet to the concrete pad.

We are doing some home repairs.

And by "we" I mean my husband.

And by "repairs" I mean adding access to our yard, which my husband thoughtfully fenced in for the dog before our camping trip last week. Without adding a gate. So for a week, the grill has been fenced into our yard, and the dog has had to leap 4 feet in the air like a circus performer to get up on the porch to access food, water, and bed. (Don't worry about him - he likes a challenge, and he spends all damn day leaping 4 feet in the air for no good reason - might as well have a goal, right ?!)

But there is another reason I am in here today. I have a sore throat - the kind that wakes you up from a sound sleep in the middle of the night, and then you lie there, for what seems like hours, swallowing, and analyzing the discomfort. Or is that just me.

Regardless, I am miserable. Sore and tired, and my head and ears hurt, and I need a nap.
At 10am.

So. I am going to sip tea, and read, and cuddle with my little monkey (the big, boy monkeys are outside sawing things and nailing things). She wants to Go Do Something ! And I am afraid she is going to be sadly disappointed. I feel like shit on a shingle, and the furthest I'm going today is the gas station, to fill the tank and maybe buy a popsicle. Or an Icee. I love those damned things. I was going to go to the beach, but I truly feel awful, and don't want to lie outside in the sun getting all dehydrated. Though, the happiness she would feel might make it worthwhile.

Hm.

No comments: