Thursday, February 19, 2009

All about me and my husband and our marriage (this should really freak out my mom !)

This morning I came over to look at my blog reader, and realized I hadn't posted since Monday.

huh.

There is a reason for this.....I am so fucking tired I can literally barely see straight, and so when Dooce gave me the opportunity to skip the creative writing portion of blogging, and answer some basic questions instead, I gotta admit - I was thrilled. I am hoping that maybe next week I willl have more free time, but really - who am I fooling.

And so, without further ado, here is the Marital Meme a la Dooce, via Facebook.
Some questions have been deleted only because I didn't think you would reallly care, and their personal nature might have caused my mother to choke on her tea.

How long have you been together?

We met in the spring of 97, started dating in January of 98, and married that September.

Who asked whom out?
Well, he didn' really ask me out - he tld me he didn't want to be my friend. I basically told him to fuck off, then. And he quickly clarified - he didn't want to be JUST my friend. He wanted benefits. I laughed.

How old are each of you?
I'm 29 forever, as mentioned in my last post, And Sami is way older then me, which is why I refer to it constantly....He is 40. My parents were his age when I got MARRIED. Crazy.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Well, we live in Hawaii, and our families are on the East Coast, so we don't see any of them very often - but my brothers have each been here to visit, and we see them everytime we are home, so I guess my siblings would be the short answer.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Probably the disparity in our personalities - we are *very* different, which is why we are probably still married....but he is laid back to my uptight psycho bitch on wheels - so that would probably be the most difficult on us and our relationship.

Did you go to the same school?
We both decided school was for pussies, and never graduated. He joined the union and graduated from their trade school. I rely on my own grim determination and winning personality to keep a job.

Are you from the same home town?
No, but we are both from New England. Sami grew up in Boston, I grew up in rural Connecticut.

Who is smarter?
This is a loaded question, n'est pas ? We each have our strengths - Sami can build and repair almost anything, I deal with details and money.

Who is the most sensitive?

I gtta say, Sami is sensitive, but not in a whiney, pussy, poor me kinda way. He's sensitive in the nice, thoughtful way. I am sensitive in that many times I take a completely innocuous comment personally, and then dwell on it. For years.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Well, we eat at Moana a lot, natch, and Watercress in Wailuku is a big favorite. And for sushi we usually go to Sansei.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Costa Rica, maybe....

Who has the craziest exes?
I think we each have our fair share.

Who has the worst temper?
Here's the thing about that. I have a hideous temper, and it is frequently on display. Sami rarely shows his full potential, but when his temper is unleashed, it would be best if you left the area.

Who does the cooking?
Me, mostly, though Sami is the grill master, and cooks several times a week - especially nights when I have to work.

Who is the neat-freak?
Our house is covered with piles and stacks and boxes of crap. Thank god, neither one of us is bother by it unless I have one of my manic mood swings - then, hooo boy, you'd best Pick Up Your Shit. And mine too.

Who is more stubborn?
That would be me. And our son is a way more intense version of me.

Who hogs the bed?
That would be my darling husband. Although in his defense, he is usually on my side trying to cop a feel in his sleep. I mean really, who could blame him.

Who wakes up earlier?
On Sami's workdays, he is up around 5am. When he doesn't have to work, neither one of us are particularly interested in getting out of bed.

Where was your first date?
Our first official date was at a Mexican restaurant in Cambridge. Then we went to a movie. I impressed him with how quickly I could use a restroom. We married soon thereafter.

Who is more jealous?
I don't think either one of us are particularly jealous.

How long did it take to get serious?
Before we started dating, Sami was happy to tell anyone who would listen that he was not getting married or having kids. Since I wanted those things, it precluded our getting involved, because really, what was the point ? When I explained to him that I was not going to date someone who did not want the same things in life, because in the end it would result in hurt feelings and accusations of trying to change him - which I was not interested in doing - he proposed. I swear to god. He married me to tap it.

Who eats more?
Sami eats more then me. I am OK with that.

Who does the laundry?
Sometimes Sami does the laundry, but I think he is totally petrified of destroying any more of my clothing, so he usually sticks to washing his work clothes, and towels.

Who's better with the computer?
I have been using a computer for much longer, but neither one of us is particularly skilled.

Who drives when you are together?
Historically, it's me, because he either A. had his license suspended again or B. has no idea where we are going or how to get there or C. Forgot to signal the last time he drove and had his privledges revoked (by me) for gross negligence.

1 comment:

derfina said...

Awesome. No free milk for Sami, eh? *snort*