Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sassy Pants

Oh, we are just FULL of sass over here.

It's not just me, oh no it's not. It's the kids - and SAMI, which is so totally surprising I am still reeling fom the realization.

I think it started out with me really becoming unable to cope with a lot of the usual stuff around here, so it has been passed on to Sami for handling and processing. And that maybe hasn't been the smoothest transition. Like today, we came home from an appointment and he said "I am going to get Max, and then should I get Lucy?" and I said, no, just bring him home and let him get his homework done before you get her. I began to work, and Sami, I thought, went to get Max. Half an hour later, he pops in my door "I'm going to pick up my check, and then get Max."

I tried not to freak, I really did, but honestly, I thought he had LEFT half an hour before. So, just short of screeching, I said "You haven't left yet?" And he said calmly that no, he was just leaving now, as though I was totally over reacting. Until I looked him straight in the eye and said "It's WEDNESDAY".

Wednesdays, all schools let out early for some bizarre reason. And I have struggled (oh, how I have struggled) to remember that Wednesday is early day. I have forgotten more times then I care to admit, including his very first week of school. My co workers all have to remind me it's Wednesday, so I leave work on time. I seriously cannot be trusted on Wednesdays. And I was SO PROUD of Sami for remembering (or so I thought) that when I realized that in fact he had not remembered, I was horrified, and guitl=ridden that I hadn't said it out loud at least once "You know babe, it's early day." I just totally thought he had it. I didn't want to insult him, he seemed to be totally in his groove.

So he went racing out the door (we live about 3 minutes from school) and returned shortly. He and Max were already arguing about god knows what and who really cares anyway.

Max came in to see me, looked worriedly at my bandages, and then went to do his homework. Sami still hasn't picked up his paycheck. And today is also PUPPY DAY - Girlie finally had her babies ! ELEVEN BABIES. Now, i complained about having just ONE baby - as far as I am concerned, that dog is superwoman. She had 11 puppies, by herself, in the middle of the night.

And that is one sassy bitch, if you don't mind my saying.

No comments: