Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I'm just not cut out to be a mommy"

Today, my daughter informed me that she didn't think she wanted to have children.

She said "I'm not cut out for being a mommy."
and I asked, with a lot of concern: "Why not?"

Without missing a beat, she informed me that children could be "whiney" and that she just "wasn't cut out for that stuff."

Oh, my god.

These kids have crazy vocabularies. They may not pronounce the words correctly, but they know what they are talking about. Do not screw with them, they could get Mother Theresa - posthumously - to confess to some horrible crime by twisting her words around and pestering her with repetitious questions until she just covered her ears and screamed "Yes, fine, OK, I don't know, whatever you say."

I know how she feels.

No comments: